In this presentation, the first in a professional skills series, Nick Thomas draws on research in the fields of psychology, mindset, expert performance, and neuroscience.
Our speaker looks at what really drives excellence and how our talent is not a gift we are born with, but something that is developed through opportunity, commitment, and ‘deep’ practice. Nick also explores how our beliefs around the nature of talent can transform our psychology and therefore our success in work and in life. This session is illustrated by inspiring real-life case studies from sport, business, the arts, and everyday life.
The session explores
- The psychology of beliefs – how they can transform our psychology and lives
- Talent and excellence – nature or nurture. What are the real secrets to success?
Opportunity and deep, purposeful practise – neuroplasticity
- The psychology of success – passion and perseverance
- Fixed and growth mindsets – how they drive our behaviour, how we respond to challenges and adversity, success, and failure
- How to develop a growth mindset in those around us. How should we praise, reward, and recognise behaviours?
- How to recognise and change our own mindset
- Understand research on the nature of talent and the importance of mindset
- Appreciate how a growth mindset can lead to greater success, happiness, and resilience
- Learn how to adopt a growth mindset in our own lives and how to develop and foster it in the lives of others
- Nick Thomas, Sales Trainer, Coach and Consultant, Nick Thomas & Associates
Share this event with your colleagues: