In this Insurance Institute of London (IIL) aviation webinar, Ed Spencer, Paul Woodley and James Jordan will talk about the current operational issues impacting the aviation sector as a result of Covid-19 and will consider the impact this will have on the insurance industry with a view to assessing what the future of aviation might look like in a post-Covid-19 world.
The HFW team will take a look at the key operational issues which are impacting the industry as a result of Covid-19 and how this will impact the assessment of risk and future claims handling. This will include analysis of the following areas:
• Reduction in fleet size and aircraft grounding
• Ongoing maintenance obligations and asset preservation
• Staff and labour shortages
• Change from passengers to cargo operations
• Business Continuity Planning