A one-hour visit to the internationally renowned Lloyd’s building to provide an introduction to Lloyd’s and how the Lloyd’s market works.
The visit will feature a talk on the history of Lloyd’s, the Lloyd’s market and its operation, the structure of the market, how business is placed, globalization and distribution regulation and Lloyd’s in the world insurance market.
The visit will include a Q&A session and a tour of the artefacts on the 11th floor.
- History of Lloyd’s
- What is Lloyd’s
- What does Lloyd’s insure
- How business is transacted within Lloyd’s
- The roles of brokers and underwriters at Lloyd’s
- Lloyd’s role in the UK and global insurance market
Places on visits are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
A fee £ 25.00 will be charged for all visits. Visit fees are non-refundable if cancelled.
- Visitors will be asked by Security at the entrance to the revolving door to provide an email confirmation on a mobile device or printed copy that they are attending a tour before they are permitted to enter the Lloyd’s building
- All visitors will need to show original photo identification to collect their security pass for example: a driving license or passport. Reception cannot accept images or duplicates of identification
- Backpacks or luggage are not permitted on a Lloyd’s tour and items must be left within the dedicated Cloakroom located on Upper Basement. Valuable items may be retrieved and carried by the visitors
- Visitors may be subject to a bag search at any time
- Dress code is business. No jeans or trainers