In this IIL London Market webinar, Charles Berry talks about terrorism and political violence (PV) in the insurance market. This webinar places the market in context; highlights its strengths and weaknesses; and suggests what its future might look like.
This session will cover:
- Review the PV/War risks spectrum
- Look at losses in its three main areas: terrorism; civil unrest; and conflicts
- Assess the PV insurance market’s offering in each of these areas
- Introduce the six strategies used by PV insurers and underwriters in the other market silos involved in writing war risks to enable them to write the class on a sound basis
- Look to the future of the PV market
- Further insight into the risks and threats from the current geopolitical climate
- A better understanding of the coverages available
- A growing appreciation of the differences between insuring the deliberate acts of mankind, as opposed to the accidents of nature.
This session will not be recorded, so a playback will not be available for members who do not attend the live event – Chatham House rules.