Sustainable Development Risk vs. Reward
With sustainability becoming a focus point for the Construction industry, this event will discuss how the insurance and the development industry can work better together to overcome the risk and insurance related challenges of building more sustainably.
Please note, we are no longer accepting registrations for this event.
We look forward to welcoming attendees on the 20th September.
Speakers and panelists
The event will kick off with various industry experts including Sellar, Arup, Whitby Wood and General Projects with their thoughts on sustainable development. Speakers will include:
- Meredith Davey – ESG Director, Sellar
- Eoin O’Loughlin – Associate, Fire Safety, Arup
- Ben Cross – Development Director, General Projects
- Kelly Harrison – Director, Whitby Wood
For the second part of the event there will be a panel discussion with insurers Aviva and AXA, where the key issues facing the industry regarding sustainable development and how current barriers can be overcome will be discussed. The panel speakers will include:
- James Bell – Trading Manager, Property Investors, Aviva
- Oliver Wright – Lead Construction Risk Engineer, Aviva
- Alistair Baker – Head of Construction, AXA XL
The panel will cover insurers’ thoughts on
- What are the key issues that the development industry need to overcome to encourage insurers to increase their appetite for sustainable development?
- London insurer appetite vs rest of world e.g. Scandinavia and USA – why is it different?
- What are the challenges with repurposing existing buildings?
- How does insurers underwriting appetite and remit align with their wider central sustainability and environmental targets and is there a disconnect between insurers corporate messaging and the trading businesses and if so how do we overcome this?
The panel discussion will be followed by some drinks and the opportunity to network with industry professionals.