In this Insurance Institute of London (IIL) accident lecture Jenny Bolden will turn the spotlight on #metoo issues, looking at the potential claims that individuals and employers face and the impact of the evolving #metoo movement on management liability insurers.
In this lecture, Jenny will cover the following issues:
• Sexual harassment claims: the legal position
• Short history: US/ UK perspective
• Employment Practice Liability, Errors & Omissions and Directors & Officers Claims
• Shareholder and Derivative Actions
• Risk Management
• Looking Forward
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
• The #metoo movement and the legal basis for sexual harassment claims brought against individuals and employers in the US and the UK
• What claims we are currently seeing in a #metoo context
• What insurers can expect going forward in terms of claims and changes in the market
Tilly Milnes, Claims Adjuster, WRB.