ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
This is an advanced programme aimed at the leaders of tomorrow, who need to master profit and value creation across the syndicate and managing agent. This is a demanding, highly practical and interactive programme that introduces delegates to the nature of executive business management with a longer term approach to driving success within a Lloyd’s business.
• exploring and analysing the business models of a Lloyd’s managing agent and a syndicate
• using the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) as a strategic compass to guide critical business decisions
• optimising capital management
• identifying the cost base and managing its components
• developing an investment strategy and relating it back to the underlying business strategy
• demonstrating effective corporate governance
• exploring the competitive opportunities and risks presented by innovation
• understanding the drivers of value in a Lloyd’s business
• preparing and delivering Board level papers and presentations
• developing the skills of individual, continuous reflective learning.
The faculty includes John Constable and Jonathan Besso-Cowan from Searchlight Insurance Training who will work with the delegates throughout the programme; Professor Julian Birkinshaw from London Business School; Markus Gesmann from Lockton Re and Quentin Moore from Vario Partners; Judy Delaforce from BP&E Global.
Additional expert speakers and judges are drawn from within Lloyd’s, the market and the PRA.