The LMA Academy has arranged a series of free 90-minute virtual learning workshops for LMA members across a wide range of technical topics, to be hosted by Charlotte Warr from Sarnia Training.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
• explain the concept of risk transfer
• explain the benefits of insurance to individuals and society
• identify risks that are uninsurable
• explain the different participants in the insurance market such as insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries, regulators and trade bodies as well as Lloyd’s itself.
• describe the basic features of the main classes of insurance
• differentiate between indemnity and benefits policies and the classes of business that fall into each
• identify the different distribution methods used such as open market and various forms of delegated authority.