In this Insurance Institute of London (IIL) claims lecture Phillip Maltin will survey the weaknesses in the claims of body language experts about how to spot liars. He will then summarise science-based techniques that can expose dishonesty.
Most people correctly identify liars at about chance levels, 50-50. In this entertaining presentation, Philip focuses on techniques grounded in science useful for uncovering dishonesty using the four-step “READ System”. The program focuses on where behaviour supplements skilful questioning when determining whether a person is telling the truth.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
• The pseudo-science behind ost body language interpretations
• The exaggerated claims regarding the accuracy of voice stress analysis systems
• Cues of deception validated by research
• How to question people to uncover the most information of the highest quality
• The effective technique for accurately determining whether a person is lying
Richard Salmon FCII, Head of Claims, Nexus Group