Delegated authority is a major part of the Lloyd’s market. This programme is aimed at those looking to gain a greater understanding of delegated authority and the different issues and regulations that affect it.
Delegates will learn about:
• different types of delegated authorities and the roles and responsibilities of each party to each type of arrangement:
• managing agent, coverholder and broker
• binding authority, lineslip and consortium
• the Lloyd’s Delegated Underwriting Authority Framework – including the Code of Practice and Minimum Standards
• working as a team, presenting a case study and reflecting on their learning.
Delegates will work in teams, allowing them to understand how they each approach delegated authority.
During the programme, delegates will receive a case study to work on in their assigned teams and will present their findings to the group and a panel of judges in Module 6. A presentation skills session will be held over lunch following Module 4.
This programme has been designed by the LMA Academy in conjunction with Searchlight Insurance Training, Lloyd’s and the LMA.