This LMA programme provides valuable first-hand experience of transacting (re)insurance business in the US with academic input from Katie School. Those who attend the programme will have the opportunity to:
• gain an overview of the US insurance market with presentations from Lloyd’s America and a local coverholder
• contribute to panel discussions with (re)insurer and broker experts exploring how US business is transacted, including an overview of current market terms and conditions, the trading environment, capital issues and market trends and challenges
• gain an insight into the intricacies of the US litigation system, with presentations on the US legal process, bad faith, subrogation issues and current legal ‘hot topics’
• hear current cutting edge thinking from Katie School of Insurance and Risk Management faculty members and contribute own thoughts and ideas
• participate in site visits to companies of interest and significance, not normally accessible to delegates
• actively participate in a competitive and engaging team-based exercise to learn how a P&C insurer is run.
Delegates will greatly benefit from this immersive and practical learning experience in the heart of a major US insurance hub. The programme also offers delegates the opportunity to build meaningful networks and lasting relationships with local experts and market peers.